Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Things don't need to be going badly to bitch...

... or do they?

You may have noticed I've been a bit quiet lately. Well, things have been happening. First, I got some work over the holidays. 3 weeks worth, to be exact. It was very, very, very, (did I mention very?) nice!! I feel like my sanity is slowly restoring itself and things are not all black and negative as they were a month or two ago. So, I worked over the holidays, and then on the Monday after my last week of work, my boss calls me to let me know another organization needs casual workers. I gave them a call right away, and an interview was set on the Wednesday. I was hired on the Thursday. So, now I'm a casual replacement worker at two places. Also, I've had an interview for a permanent position at my first place of employment. I think the interview went amazingly, but there were a lot of candidates, so by no means do I feel confident that I have it in the bag.

Yesterday I started a full week of training for my new job. So far so good. Then, at the end of the day, the woman who I was orientating with told me they were in desperate need of someone to do a full-time position until the end of March and would I be available. I told her I would be very interested, but that I was waiting for news on this other permanent position. I let her know that I could certainly do the position until I heard that I was hired by the first place, and obviously longer if I didn't get the position. I was also told that there are possibilities of permanence at the 2nd place. So, possibilities, folks, possibilities. Oh, and one bonus of working at this new place would be that the gym has a hand cyle! Woo hoo!!!

Ok, so anyway, as you can see, things are going along pretty well. So today, I'm at the caf for lunch during orientation. And this guy behind me really, really, really, really, REALLY wants to help me. I had to fend him off THREE times! He goes to grab my plate as the guy behind the counter is passing it to me. I tell him I'm fine. Then, he gets me again at the cash register when I put my tray down on the counter to pay. He goes to grab the tray to help me put it down. Again, I tell him I'm fine, with a little less pleasantries in my voice. And finally, after we both pay, he is behind me again as I go to get a fork, which he really wants to pass to me. At this point I tell him bluntly I don't need his help, but it doesn't seem to faze him. I swear to god (although I'm an athiest), that if he were to try to help me one more time I would have blown his freaking head off. GRRRR GRRR GRRRR GRRRR GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!



On another note, as a follow-up to my last post, I finally met up for coffee with that guy. I don't think it was a date, although he did pay for my drink, which was confusing. The funny thing is that, as I said before, he's quite shy and a bit awkward himself. Originally when he replied to my email, he said he'd email me in January. So, by Janary 11th he hadn't contacted me, so I decided to email him again and get the ball rolling. I asked him when and where would be convenient for him. He came up with the place we had run into each other in December. So, we met up, and it was nice. We talked for a bit, but it was also a bit awkward. The conversation faltered quite often. I felt like I was gabbing away to make up for his silence. Anyway, after about an hour and a half, we left, leaving it open. He said something like we should do this again, and I agreed and said we both had each other's coordinates and to be in touch. And that was it. So, anyway, whatever it was, it was enjoyable. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a date, although him paying for my tea threw me off. But anyway.

That's enough weirdness for today. :)

1 comment:

imfunnytoo said...

Work is always rejuvinating for the brain... and, you met for coffee it may or may not go anywhere, but it sounded okay :)