Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Twiddle twiddle

I had my surgery Friday and I was terrified. I had had lots of invasive surgeries when I was a kid with some very unpleasant experiences (like having the paralyzing medication kick in before the anesthetic..so I couldn't move a muscle, open my eyes or breathe on my own). I gave my anesthesiologist mega warnings beforehand this time not to let that happen. She didn't let me down. The experience was pretty darn great considering it was surgery. It was day surgery so I got to go home that day, which was also a new experience. I've had nothing less than 2 weeks in the hospital with more recovery at home afterwards. Already I'm healing quite well. It still hurts, and it hurts to pee, and of course I have to pee disturbingly often, but I've been basically managing on my own since. My brother spent that first night with me as I wasn't allowed to be alone for the first 24 hours, but I have basically been alone since (negligent family, tsk tsk!). I am to take 4-6 weeks off work. Oh, I heard yesterday I didn't get the latest job I applied for... again... I'm getting quite good at this being turned down stuff. At least my horror position is over. My boss did tell me when I'm ready to come back at the end of May that there's not a lot of work that month. I'm already on employment insurance sick benefits, which is about 65% of your salary. I guess the renovations on my condo will have to wait for a bit.

No comments: