Thursday, March 08, 2007

Light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully!

I went home from work sick last Thursday with a stomach ache. It was better by Friday but I decided to stay home anyway. It was lovely to have a PJ day. On the Friday morning, my boss called me at home. She starts with "I'm sorry to call you at home when you're sick, but I've just spoken to the union...". I figured with the way things have gone, this couldn't be good. Turns out it was! Sort of. I am replacing someone on maternity leave for a year. I also intensely dislike this placement. Turns out someone is returning from sick leave that was due to stress from their job and they cannot return to their position. As they are permanent, they need to be accomodated. Turns out they are looking at my position. They are able to bump anyone with less seniority than them. Initially they would just do the mat leave if they decide they like the job, possibly keeping it in the end. So she is to be with me part-time for the next month, gradually increasing her hours per day. At the end of the month she gets to decide whether she stays or leaves. On one hand I could choose to be worried about being left with no work, as I would just go back to covering here and there. On the other hand... freakin' yay!!! I don't care about any other choice, I just want out out out of this position! The way I see it, it's a win win situation. I have to make the position look great so she'll take it and bump me out! Woo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No comments: